Monday 14 January 2013

Dollar Store Drawer Pulls; Part II

Pin It


In an earlier post I showed you how I made my own drawer pulls from acrylic diamonds that I found at the Dollar Store (check it out here).  I was unsure how long they would last due to the fact that they are made out of acrylic and I didn't know how much stress they would take.  After pondering it for a while I decided to drill the hole completely through the diamond.  In this situation the head of the screw shows, but since they show on the antique glass knobs, I don't think it is a problem.  In the pic below I used it on a drawer on my antique partner's desk.  I have placed a washer behind it for a little extra decoration.


On the knob on the left I used a small decorative piece that I have for making earrings to add a little more glitz.  Since the hole goes right through I know they will hold up.




 
Pin It

2 comments:

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...