Wednesday 12 December 2012

Christmas Fudge

Pin It


I call this Christmas Fudge because that is the only time I make it. Funny how I can do without it the rest of the year, but it is a necessity this time of the year. This is the easiest fudge you will ever make, well, I wouldn't know that for sure because it is the "only" fudge I have ever made. One of my favourite childhood memories is when my Dad would say "Who's going to go out and get some snow so I can make some fudge?" Believe me, there were always volunteers. Maybe that is one of the reasons it seems like a winter treat to me. It's funny because my Dad did no baking or cooking of any kind, but he did make fudge. This is not my Father's fudge, but it is no-fail.
These are the ingredients, well, except for 1 cup of icing sugar, I forgot to put that in the picture.


Ingredients:
3 cups chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup icing sugar
any thing else you want to add, I added:
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup cranberries

I used to make this in a double boiler, but I'm all about the convenience these days, and if Manuel doesn't want to eat them because I used the microwave, then he just doesn't have to.
I put the milk and chocolate chips in a glass bowl and microwave for 2.5 minutes.
I stir it until smooth and glossy, then sift the icing sugar into it and mix it up until it is well combined.  At this time you are either done, or you can add whatever your little heart desires.  I line and 8 X 8 pan with wax paper and pack it in, smoothing as well as possible.




 I made a pan of plain and a pan with cranberries and pecans.


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I'll take one of the cranberries & pecans! That really is simple,but delicious I'm sure! Nice to have that memory of your dad in there!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...