Friday 30 November 2012

Resting on My Laurels, Part III; Antique Buffet Makeover

Pin It


This is an old side table/buffet.  My daughter also picked this up for me from Kijiji..  She's is great, she ignores her Dad's plea to not buy me anymore junk.  She just needs a bigger place to live (to store said "junk") and a truck to haul it.


Before


This project sort of evolved into what it is now. I started out by painting the whole thing a pale lime green, then painted on silver cherry blossom branches on it.  I was quite happy with it, then I decided to "antique" it with brown paint.  It was disastrous!  I was so disheartened after painting on three coats of paint and then the cherry blossoms :( so sad!  So I took the spray can to it.  I sprayed the whole thing silver (do you see a trend here with the silver?) and wallpapered it with some wallpaper that I had picked up for another project and hadn't used yet.  I am thrilled with it!  Although I was quite happy with the green and silver I love this so much more!  It is very rich looking.  I just love it!  I sprayed some old brassy drawer pulls silver for the doors, and put crystal knobs on the drawers.  However, when I take the 5 minutes it will require to do it, I will switch the larger knobs from the end tables.  But that will be another day.

After






I'm Sharing at
   Redoux
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Sundae Scoop link party             
The Shabby Nest
UndertheTableandDreaming http://www.keepingitsimplecrafts.com/The Girl Creative
My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaBoogieboard Cottage

TheRusticPigBecolorfulMod Vintage Life
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. How lovely!! Painting something silver is definitely on my to-do list. Hopefully sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing transformation! It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...