Wednesday 17 October 2012

Quick and Easy Vanity Stool Makeover

Pin It


Unlike most of the projects I've been  blogging about working on lately, I have only owned this piece for about a year, ha ha, how did it move up the list so quickly?  


It was time for a quick and easy project and this one fit the bill.


I couldn't tell if this was painted first white, and then gold, or if it was white and very greasy/dirty.  Regardless, after taking the cushion off I hit it with the pressure washer and then a wire brush and washed it again.


When it was dry, I sprayed it Rust-oleum gloss white.


I wrapped the seat in quilt batting.


Attaching it with staples and my electric stapler, I love this tool, so much easier than Manuel's old manual stapler.


I then repeated the process with the fabric, 


after centering it carefully of course.


It had only four screws, so putting it back together was a cinch.





I have set it up here with the pink vanity table, but I can picture it with an antique vanity, yeah, that project isn't done yet.  So many projects, so little time!


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Yes, you centered it very nicely! It's so pretty, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I found you over at Better After, had to come and check out your blog. Now following you by email, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sandra, I will be right over to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...